Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The best surprise!

I was inspired by Me,E, and Baby Makes Three to write about timing. Not our timing but God's Timing.
Andrew, our son, was a surprise baby. He wasn't not wanted or anything like that, and I hate hearing "mistake" baby, that just sounds horrible. But he was not expected at the time I found out.
You see, I was the type of girl who liked to plan her life 10 years in advance. Yup 10 years.
My husband just listened to me, and my dreams, but at the same time he was always like " gaby you have to be flexible to changes". I hate changes. I hate moving. I like being in one place for a long time. I like familiar things, being near familiar people.
I know I'm weird.
BUT, my husband is in ministry, he is a pastor. Do you know what comes with that territory?  A LOT of MOVING, CHANGES, and not being in one place longer than a few years.
I knew that when I met him college, he was a theology major and I a speech-pathology major.
When we got married, everyone ( at our reception) was asking when we would have kids? I was like SERIOUSLY?!! already? people are asking.
I would say 5 years AT LEAST!  I was not ready I thought. I KNOW I wasn't ready.
I LONGED to get my masters SO BADLY, but at the time my husband recieved at job at our old university, where the nearest university to offer a masters program in Speech was 3 hours away.
It was not happening THAT year.
I was desperate to go back to school, with all my classmates being accepted to their grad schools, moving, LEARNING MORE THAN ME, I felt behind for sure. I felt that if I didn't go to school again I would forget everything!
Yeah I was being dramatic.
Now we waited to see if my husband was "picked up" by certain conferences that would give him a church to pastor, and secretly I hoped we would be near a college town so I could go back to school.
But God has different plans for us. God knew where and when he wanted to give us a family.
My husband got an offer to be a chaplain at a hospital in florida. Its a nice program that pays for his masters next year. It was a perfect thing for our family.
Before we knew about where we were going to be we found out I was pregnant.
I was a week out of my BC and getting it shipped to me from michigan  since that is where my prescription was at. I thought I would be okay with just a week out of it, and since i "heard" it takes about 3 months to "get out of your system" I didn't even think twice.
Weridly enough I was craving strawberry slushies from sonics, which I did like but NOT love. I was asking my husband to bring me one everyday. I had no idea why, i just NEEDED one. Then that same day I called my mom, she said that maybe I should start thinking of starting a family since at this time I probably would not be able to get my masters for awhile, and since my dream was to be able to stay home with my child, that this would be a good time.
I was like MOM YOUR CRAZY, goodbye.
My mom was right.
So on September 17, 2009 4 days before my 22nd birthday I POAS and it was positive. 
I screamed, yes i was shocked, but once all that shock went away I was unbelievably happy. My husband was so happy, it made me feel relaxed and to know that everything would be okay.
He came at the perfect timing. He came at the time God knew he needed to be here.
And for that reason, I will always leave my life in God's timing.
We are so thankful for our little baby boy who bring so much joy, laughter, and happiness into our lives.

1 comment:

  1. Aww!
    And what a beautiful little surprise he is!
    cute pic :)

    ReplyDelete