Monday, January 24, 2011

The sleepless monster

So at 6 months we decided to finally sleep train our son. We went with the cry it out method but not in a harsh way. We followed the nightly rules and the first night the total crying time was 30 minutes. After the first night he only cried 5 minutes then he was OUT. He slept from 8 pm to 8 am. I could not believe it.
He had been co-sleeping with us becuase it was the easiest thing for me to breastfeed.
3 weeks of blissful easy sleep and then he started up again.
YOu know waking up once a night.. to now he is waking up every hour.
I don't know if its cause he is teething.
But its been almost a month.
Last night we let him cry for an hour * while going in every 10 minutes to comfort and putting him back down*
and he FINALLY fell asleep.
I was hoping this was it and he would sleep the whole night.
wrong.
he woke up an hour later.
And i just gave up and brought him into our bed.
MOstly cause i feel bad for my neighbors and their kids.
oh gosh. I know he is only 8 months and kids are like this. Which is fine. I just wish it wasn't every hour like it is right now.

Anyways I'm looking for a new place to live for next year when we move to michigan.
GAHH.
i really wish we could stay in our nice apartment that we have here.
I guess we can't :(.

No comments:

Post a Comment