Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Too much summer, not enough sleep

let me start off by saying orlando is tooooooo tooooo hot, i mean as much as i love summer i can only handle it for so much. I know i live in orlando and i have no right to complain but its almost October and every day its 90 degrees or higher. Oh well, i guess im just going to have to wait till december for some "fall" type weather. So September has always been an eventfull month for me. My birthday happens this month,but last year a couple day before my birthday we found out i was pregnant ( September 17,2009). Needless to say it was a surprise. I was having an unusual craving for strawberry slushies from sonics and i had no idea why! I mean i like them but not as much to be asking for them EVERYDAY! I got a little suspicious but didn't think to much about it. Earlier that month i had bought a set of pregnancy test because i thought i was pregnant but i knew for a fact i wasn't! So earlier that month the test came out NEGATIVE so i was convinced i wasn't pregnant. Later that day ( thursday) i called my mom and she said maybe i should start thinking about starting a family since i wasn't going to be able to go to grad school right away andddd since it was my dream to stay home with my child until he/she went to kindergarden. I was like MOM YOUR CRAZYY stop talking this nonsense. Then that night ( after andrew went to get me a strawberry slushie) i told him im going to take a pregnancy test the extra one i had in the closet. I was  SO SO SO sure it was going to be negative that i didn't even worry about it. I peed on the stick and proceeded to get up when i saw the 2 lines that indicated "pregnant". I. was. speechless. I was like OH MY GOODNESS ANDREWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. yes, it was a shock at first and it took me by surprise but andrew seemed so happy that it relaxed me. The next day we went to the doctor to confirm it , and indeed i was having a baby :). I remember on my birthday the 21st, during dinner i thought " next year around this time i will have a 4 month old baby in my arms", and yes i did for dinner i had a baby in my arms and I couldn't be happier. He has brought so many joys, he makes us laugh and he is so special.

Now he has NEVER been a good sleeper since he was brought home! But this month we are going to try to teach him to sleep on his own. I hateeeeeee letting him cry it out, but I have to try something and im not going to let him cry more than 10 min at a time. So far its not going well. What have some of you tried out there? He has NEVER liked to be swaddled since we brought him home he would cry until i unswaddled him and i've tried pacifiers but he HATES HATES them, he will spit them out and cry when i put them in his mouth, so none of that willl help. I guess i'll see what happens! pray for me because im not good at letting him cry it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment