Sunday, January 27, 2013

Meatless options for new Vegetarians or Vegans!

I have been asked a bit from people what I use to substitute my "meat" part of my cooking.
A lot of people freak out not knowing what to eat once they decide to not eat meat anymore.
When my family and I decided to go vegan about a year and a half ago I FREAKED out.
I was so used to my vegetarian life style. I love cheese. I do. period.
It took awhile, and while we don't purchase any diary products at home, when I go out I do splurge and eat diary... although my stomach now kinda has grown to reject it.. sigh.
Anyways I complied a list of my favorite veggie meats. Gardein is my favorite cause it has less ingredients than Morning star, but there are a few morning star products I really enjoy.
I use these and I make some rice,noodles, potatoes,or quinoa as the side entry then a vegetable of my choice. You can also substitute any "ground meat" recipe with the crumblers.

my husband doesn't like these but I LOVE this, with some jasmine rice! yum! its super easy to make!

These are a staple at my house. Just pop in the oven cook some quinoa and yum!

These are my favorite to make a sandwich kinda spread for andres. I pop these in the microwave then put a bit of vegenaise and mash it together. 


This Bologna taste and smells like real bologna. These are great to make sandwiches.

These are the best burger substitutes I have tried. hands down.

Delicious and easy. Put in the oven till nice and crispy! so tasty

I have SO SO many praises for these meatballs. I have tried TONS of brands and something is always lacking. The only ones that have compared are the Veggie patch brand but they have discontinued them in my area at least. I was bummed I could not find a meatball to take its place. The morning star ones YUCK. Anything BOCA I cant stand the smell. These are AMAZING. they have tons of flavor and seasonings. 

Vegan and super crumbly. I use these for tacos. I add a packet of Goya seasoning and that is it. You could use this for any ground meat recipe and make a meatless ground meat.

same for these. They are not vegan but they are tasty and can be used for any ground meat recipe.

These hot dogs are the best. They are hard to find in any store unless a specialty store. 

And finally the most amazing chorizo ever. I have only been able to find this in the Whole foods here in Illinois, it is a local company. BUT I can't even describe how yummy this is. I use it for tacos, when I ate eggs I would scramble them with it... just anything. They also sell different flavors like Italian or Regular. THE BEST MEATLESS CHORIZO EVER.

No comments:

Post a Comment